Thousand Faces, a web3 community-based funding group, hosted its demo day on Wednesday with the highest 10 startups from its Feminine Founder Accelerator program.
The demo day coincided with Worldwide Ladies’s Day and featured women-led companies centered on sustainable growth objectives (SDGs). The accelerator program’s first cohort accepted 30 startups from a pool of over 220 candidates throughout 76 international locations.
The ten startups are pitching for a spot within the high 5 to be eligible for one-on-one mentorship and as much as €50,000 in money rewards and prizes that might be awarded subsequent month, the group stated.
Right here’s a breakdown of Thousand Faces’ high 10 startups the Feminine Founder Accelerator:
Firm title: Kleiderly
- What it does: Recycle textile waste
- Founder: Alina Bassi
- Nation: Germany
- The pitch: Kleiderly recycles undesirable textile waste and turns that into its patented plastic different in hopes of changing the necessity for plastics. The fabric goals to exchange oil-based plastics and produce gadgets starting from eyewear to suitcases, Bassi stated throughout demo day. Up to now, it has saved 20,000 shirts from going to landfill, Bassi added. The startup estimates every company buyer can save about 12,500 kilograms of CO2e, equal to 1.5 million smartphones charged or 13,800 kilos of coal burned.
Firm title: SALUBATA
- What it does: Footwear manufactured from recycled plastic
- Founder: Yewande Akinse
- Nation: Nigeria
- The pitch: SALUBATA makes patented modular footwear from recycled plastic waste in an effort to lower the worldwide carbon footprint. The footwear are customizable and are additionally accessible as NFTs. The startup has strategic partnerships with firms like Amazon and Faire and has offered over 6,000 footwear thus far. It’s presently registered in Nigeria, France and the U.S. and is seeking to elevate $3 million to scale globally, Akinse shared.
Firm title: SOULA (authorized title MAMATECH Inc.)
- What it does: Pre- and post-pregnancy app
- Founder: Natallia Miranchuk
- Nation: Cyprus
- The pitch: The SOULA app is an AI-powered information for twenty-four/7 informational and psychological well being assist throughout being pregnant, start and postpartum care. The appliance gives personalised academic content material and emotional assist with a digital assistant or “pocket” model of a doula. It’s presently elevating a seed spherical to put money into enterprise growth and develop its product growth.
Firm title: AkwaaPay
- What it does: Funds resolution
- Founder: Christine Dikonguè
- Nation: Canada and Nigeria
- The pitch: AkwaaPay leverages web3 infrastructure to assist African companies and people make and obtain funds internationally. The platform permits customers to obtain cash of their wallets in cryptocurrencies or convert it to native currencies. The startup launched its beta product in This fall 2022 and has 384 customers registered throughout three international locations. It hopes to increase in 15 completely different currencies throughout 44 international locations by the top of the yr, Dikonguè stated throughout her pitch.
Firm title: Jonda Well being
- What it does: Well being community with patient-facing app
- Founder: Suhina Singh
- Nation: Singapore
- The pitch: Jonda Well being goals to enhance well being knowledge accessible to sufferers. It’s constructing out a “Lego-like tech stack” to supply a number of capabilities to purchasers to enhance care coordination, cut back prices and enhance well being outcomes for sufferers, amongst different issues, Singh shared throughout her pitch. The platform adheres to knowledge privateness legal guidelines and makes use of zero-knowledge encryption to retailer knowledge in a safe manner, Singh added.
Firm title: Radava Mercantile
- What it does: Hyperlinks agriculture to monetary markets
- Founder: Josephine Adeti Otieno
- Nation: Kenya
- The pitch: Radava goals to hyperlink small agriculture farmers in sub-Saharan Africa to monetary markets. It gives an agricultural commodity trade market, different financing and post-harvest applied sciences to farmers. The startup additionally offers farmers the power to make use of their produce as collateral to entry loans and real-time market data. Previously six months, it has traded over 540 tons on its platform throughout over 650 prospects and customers for round $26,000 in income, Otieno shared.
Firm title: Biiah
- What it does: Singing wellness platform
- Founder: Xann Schwinn, Suzi Digby Obe
- Nation: United Kingdom
- The pitch: Biiah is an worker wellness platform that goals to make singing accessible in-person, just about or by an utility to ascertain a day by day singing routine and assist customers enhance their well being. The platform is concentrated on giant firms within the U.Okay. and U.S. and has 12 recurring purchasers and has had 24 whole purchasers thus far, Schwinn stated. ExxonMobil is a consumer, and 92% of workers who used it stated “it made a optimistic affect on their workweek,” she added.
Firm title: Qerat Startup
- What it does: Meals product
- Founder: Salma Essa
- Nation: Syria
- The pitch: Qerat Startup goals to supply “meals for good,” or meals safety, through the use of a generally wasted useful resource, carob, for nourishment. The prototype consists of espresso, sweetened bread and chocolate and is appropriate for diabetic, cardiac and hypertension sufferers. Up to now, it has six companions, together with UNICEF, and works with 22 farmers and 20 colleges.
Firm title: CONCAT Tech
- What it does: Internet growth firm
- Founder: Laura Jardine
- Nation: U.Okay./Lebanon
- The pitch: CONCAT creates web sites for purchasers internationally whereas offering long-term, sustainable employment for marginalized communities like refugees. It has over 50 purchasers throughout 12 completely different international locations and has generated $90,000 in income thus far. It additionally has supplied employment to about 15 marginalized refugees and/or feminine builders, Jardine shared.
Firm title: Majik Water
- What it does: Clear water know-how
- Founder: Beth Wanjiku Koigi
- Nation: Kenya
- The pitch: Majik Water is a Kenyan social enterprise that goals to supply entry to scrub consuming water in arid and semi-arid areas by air-to-water know-how and gadgets. Even in case you’re in a desert, you will get consuming water, Koigi stated. The startup has over 20 large-scale gadgets and 10 small-scale gadgets producing over 300,000 liters of water month-to-month to over 2,500 beneficiaries in Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia. It’s elevating a $200,000 most well-liked fairness spherical to assist with manufacturing and has $190,000 in grant funding secured, Koigi stated.